Saturday, March 14, 2009

Beginnings

I started writing a novel ten years ago (along with the children's stories I was creating). At the time I thought it was pretty good.

Like so many other writers, life got in the way so I set it aside for a long time - like 7 years (while I watched my daughter grow up), then I picked it up again.

It wasn't as good as I remembered (LOL) so I did a major rewrite of the beginning of the story, then picked up where I'd left off. I finished writing that one in about 3 months, then wrote a sequel and two more stories after that.

I'm not published yet, but I'm getting closer. I've learned a lot in the past year and I'm hoping that this will be the year.

My writing may be a solitary occupation, but it's no fun to feel alone out here on a limb.
I hope you'll cheer me on in this journey. I'd love to have someone to share the success with as well as the disappointments.

No comments:

Post a Comment