Sunday, November 27, 2011

Today's proverb

Often when I read my proverb each day, I take it in one large gulp, not really breaking it down, but digesting it whole. Yeah, even that way it still carries me through the day with God right there beside me. But each day I also notice that there are certain verses that snag me, that make me sit back and take notice, so I'm going to highlight them on days when I don't have a story to share.

So today, Sunday, 11/27/11, Proverbs 27:1 is in the spotlight.

Proverbs 27:1 Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.

Do you ever find yourself doing that? So proud of something that's happening tomorrow, or next week or next month, that you can't help but tell everyone about it - and have you ever had those plans fall through and have to mumble your way through excuses about why you're around instead.

None of us knows what tomorrow will bring (except for God - and He's not telling). It's OK to look forward to things, but boasting and being prideful is a surefire way to hurt someone's feelings. Not to mention it's a sin...not to mention all our blessings and talents and gifts come from God.

So instead of tooting your own horn how about giving thanks to God for all He's done.

God bless! I hope you all have a wonderful day with God walking beside you.

4 comments:

  1. Amen, Donna! All glory goes to God, always =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, God is good. thanks for stopping by. I don't know how anyone can walk through life without acknowledging Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the post. Thanks for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete