Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/11

I was going to post pictures - pictures we've all already seen and remember. But we will forever remember the day even without those reminders.

I go to work for 9:00 in the morning. And on this day in 2001 the announcements on the radio as I got to work didn't make any sense to me. Then I stepped into the office and they had a small TV set up in the conference room. We watched the towers get hit the 2nd time. It was still unbelievable that this was really happening. All day long we kept it on, as well as the radio, updating us to what was going on. 

They stole our sense of security, tried to destroy our willingness to help others. But they woke an avenging beast. We didn't cower before them, we struck back.

I will forever keep in prayer the friends and families of all who were lost that day, the many emergency workers who gave their lives trying to save others, as well as the soldiers that continue to fight for the freedoms all people should have.

And I pray that you have the peace that passes all understanding, the peace only God can give to those who know Him.

Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord. Their judgement day will come.

3 comments:

  1. I was working from home on 9-11, totally engrossed in programming. I took a break about mid-morning and clicked on my Fox News bookmark. I thought the picture that filled the screen, showing an airliner hitting one of the towers, was some kind of hype just to get our attention, or maybe something about a movie. Then it sank in, and things have never been the same.

    ReplyDelete