Sunday, June 24, 2012

Galations 5:4

Verse of the Day Galatians 5:4

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.  KJV


You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace. NIV


When I first read this verse, my first reaction was fear...not for myself, but for the thousands (perhaps more) who are living under the preaching of the law without grace.


Grace is unmerited, undeserved...definitely unearned. So by the works of the law nothing is gained.


 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God; Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph 2:8 - 9


I don't know why this is on my heart so much since I've never felt compelled to try to live by the law. I'm not good enough. I've always known I can never be good enough, and God's gift is all that really matters because without that we're all lost.


I pray that you have a personal relationship with the only One who matters. Jesus Christ gave His very life to save each and every one of us. There is nothing else we have to do but accept that gift.


God bless you all!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder...I'm leaning more and more on HIS grace!

    PamT

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good! His grace is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete